The ParkourEDU Level 1 Coaching Certification is primarily designed and led by ParkourEDU founders Ryan Ford and Amos Rendao. Since 2004, we have traveled the world, studying parkour with many of the most prominent parkour communities in the world. It has been our goal to not only improve our own skills, but also find the best training and teaching methods for all. We have also worked with leading researchers in fields such as biomechanics, physical therapy, chiropractic, martial arts, and fitness to better understand human movement. Through this journey, we have learned that while parkour is the root of all human movement, the safe and efficient practice of parkour as a serious discipline is understood and practiced by few, and coached by even fewer.
Our coaches are continually at the forefront of developing the best, innovative training methods in parkour including Amos Rendao’s Parkour Ukemi (the art of falling) and Parkour Randori and Ryan Ford’s renowned work in Parkour Strength Training. Additionally, we have trained elite athletes who have been featured in TV shows and movies, performed around the world, and won international parkour competitions. Some of these top athletes include Dylan Baker, Erica Madrid, Brandon Douglass, Brian Arnold, Meagan Martin, and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.
During the ParkourEDU Level 1 coaching certification, you will experience the basic techniques of parkour in lab and lecture environments. Through hands-on participation, you will learn to refine your own technique and how to coach other people. Through classroom discussion, you will learn the science behind movement and how to run a successful parkour gym or program. Through drills, mock classes, and practical application, you will learn to coach the skill of moving the human body. Throughout the certification, we will challenge the status quo of health and fitness and discover the natural laws that affect the ways in which we move. The certification was designed to provide parkour coaches with the necessary knowledge and experience to maintain the true spirit of parkour and teach beginning practitioners safely and effectively. Only those who pass the written and practical tests at the end will earn the title of “ParkourEDU Level 1 Certified Coach.”
To recap, you will learn:
- Parkour philosophy & history
- Safety & sustainability practices
- Coaching principles
- Movement science
- Parkour skills & progressions
- Running a successful parkour program
To register and participate in the ParkourEDU Level 1 Coaching Certification, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- 18 yrs. old
- Minimum 1 yr. of parkour experience and competency of the basics (QM, rolls, balancing, vaults, etc.)
- Some experience in coaching parkour or similar movement practices
- Complete the online application
- Receive, via email, confirmation and approval of the application
- Full payment must be made no later than 7 days before the certification
To earn your certificate of completion, you must:
- Participate in the full certification event
- Demonstrate competency at basic parkour movements during the certification
- Pass the written test at the end of the certification event (80% grade or higher)
- Pass the practical coaching tests after the certification (via video submissions or live evaluation)
Upon completion of our LVL 1 certification, you will also receive:
- Job opportunities within the ParkourEDU network
- Access to our exclusive Facebook group for certified coaches
- Follows, reposts, & other features on our website and social networks
- Tips on finding insurance coverage
- A Certificate of Completion recognizing you as a ParkourEDU LVL 1 certified coach capable of: 1.) Teaching the basic movements and spirit of parkour 2.) Leading group parkour classes in a controlled, familiar environment for beginners (less than 6 months training)
- Early bird: $889 (until 30 days before)
- Full price: $989 (within 30 days)
Who should attend?
Parkour Athletes & Coaches
This certification is designed for parkour athletes who wish to take their own practice, as well as their coaching skills, to the next level.
Coaches and personal trainers of all backgrounds will learn a comprehensive system of concepts of movements with many real-life applications. Additionally, the ParkourEDU method offers invaluable cross-training potential for athletes and clients of all types.
Host an Event
Want to bring a ParkourEDU event to your location? We would love to come visit your community. Let’s get something on the schedule!Request Info
Looking for a custom parkour seminar designed for your unique group? We have special curriculum for military, law enforcement, kids, seniors, & more.Request Info
Subscribe to our email list to be notified of upcoming events, special offers, & more.
"The dedicated focus that Ryan & Amos have put into their certification gives the participant in-depth knowledge of parkour starting from the history and going into the physics of movements. I felt like I was back and college and enjoyed the detailed information."