307 learners taking this course
This course covers fundamental falling techniques so that you can react to the most common falling scenarios in your sport, discipline, or life in general. It promotes faster progression towards your movement goals, decreases fear, mitigates your risk of injury, lightens the vibe during training, and ensures better results for coaches and businesses involved in sport or movement arts.
You will learn a unifying theory of falling continuums and how to engrain them in your natural reactions in order to respond better in any falling scenario. Learn techniques like one leg back rolls, break falls, ukemi gallop, twisting au, assisted dive rolls, the concept of ground awareness, and much more. Additionally, you’ll integrate these techniques into drills and challenges that will simulate real falling scenarios.
Your coach: Amos Galileo Rendao
Owner, GM, head coach, and professional athlete for APEX School of Movement Headquarters
Founder of ParkourEDU.org
Creator of Parkour Ukemi (The Art of Falling) & Parkour Randori
Founding board member of United States Parkour Association
Amos has been studying martial arts, parkour, dance, and falling since 2004, and has been developing this world-renowned curriculum since 2008. Using APEX School of Movement as his regular laboratory and home base, he’s also taught this curriculum through workshops around the globe in communities including trail running, climbing, pole fitness, tricking, parkour, dance, movement culture, martial arts, stunts, and so on.
What is included in The Art of Falling: Fundamentals?
- 50+ new HD video lectures, tutorials, and other resources to teach you safe & effective training methods
- 10+ key pre-requisites & progression video tutorials from PK100S
- PDF guides full of lesson plans, programming schedules, & other tools to aid your training
- Quizzes to assess your understanding of key concepts
- Slow-mo film analysis of real-life falls to enhance your understanding of course principles
- Short recap videos as reference tools
- Interactive video challenges
- Lifetime updates to the ever-evolving Art of Falling: Fundamentals curriculum & knowledge base
- Direct access to Amos and other ParkourEDU coaches via a private Facebook group
- 30-day money back guarantee (full refund policy)
Benefits of completing the course:
- A relationship with the ground that will give you options no matter what your unexpected trajectory
- Steps taken towards becoming invincible & fearless with falling skills that apply to almost any sport, discipline, or life’s unexpected mishaps in general
- The ability to prevent injuries by learning to safely land, roll, & fall in the real world with all its hard surfaces and uneven shapes
- The capacity to blaze through progressions without the long hesitations caused by fear and gaps in your understanding of how to fall
- An understanding of the overarching theory that houses all falling techniques and their seamless transitions from one to the next
- A lightened attitude towards falling or failing
- Sharp reactions through drills and other simulations of realistic falling scenarios
Who is it for?
- Movers/athletes of all ability levels
- People who want to avoid common fall injuries like wrist and ankle sprains, broken collar bones, concussions, broken arms, tears in the ligaments of the knee, and many other moderate to severe injuries
- Coaches who want to learn how to integrate falling techniques into their curriculum and protect students/athletes from injury setbacks.
- Athletes from all sports who want to fall safer and more efficiently in order to be back on their feet and ready to make the play rather than sitting the bench for the next few months with an injury
- Business owners who need an additional training system for their employees in order to mitigate injuries
- Important: This curriculum is not designed with elderly falling techniques. Keep an eye out for future courses that will address this vein of study.
What do I need?
- A mobile device or computer with Internet access
- Access to soft surfaces like grass in your backyard, sand at the park, playground rubber, or thick carpet in your house.
- The drive to improve your body’s reactions to the many variations of falls that WILL happen throughout the rest of your life
- A body without any limiting injuries or dysfunctions. Please check with your doctor before beginning this course!
- Class 2 Overview Free Preview
- Summarized Warm-Up Routine
- Quadrupedal Gallop (ukemi prerequisite led by guest coach Ryan Ford)
- Ukemi Gallop
- But Roll
- Aúzinho (ukemi prerequisite led by guest coach Ryan Ford)
- Parkour Aúzinho
- Twisting Au
- Push Drill – Low Impact Horizontal Continuum
- Add On With Horizontal Continuums
- Push Drill – Low and High Impact Horizontal Continuum
- Class 2 Guide
- Class 2 Quiz